Booking is now open for MSC Cruises‘ flagship vessel, MSC Virtuosa, as she prepares to set sail on her inaugural season around the British Isles this summer.
Starting from 20th May, the line’s latest and most innovative vessel will set sail on her maiden voyage from Southampton with a four-night cruise and will then offer three and four-night mini-cruises.
The mini-cruises are perfect for couples, friends and groups looking for the ultimate long weekend. Departing from Southampton, the sailing calls at one of Britain’s most picturesque islands, Portland in Dorset, where you’ll be able to go ashore and discover this stunning part of the British coastline as part of a protected shore excursion. These mini-sailings include two days at sea so you can fully experience MSC Virtuosa’s innovative new facilities on board.
From 12th June, MSC Virtuosa will start to operate longer seven-night sailings through to mid-September. These sailings will offer guests additional embarkation ports in Southampton, Liverpool and Greenock as well as calls at Portland in Dorset and Belfast in Northern Ireland.
Those looking to take a longer break and a stress-free holiday have the option to join one of the seven-night sailings available. These week-long cruises will feature multiple ports of embarkation including Liverpool and Greenock (close to Glasgow), and port calls in Portland and the eclectic city of Belfast.
The sailings will also offer a choice of excursions for guests to enjoy safe and protected visits ashore as part of a “social bubble” with the same high standard of health and safety measures as those implemented onboard.
The seven-night cruises include three sea days so there is plenty of time for you to enjoy all of the things you’ve missed during this last year, such as getting dressed up for an elegant dinner out on the ship, indulging in your favourite cocktail whilst watching the sun set at sea, or even taking some much-needed time to relax and unwind in the MSC Aurea Spa.
“As holidays have become even more precious and important, we want to ensure that guests feel that they are getting great value for money, without the hassle of organising anything additional once on board. This is why we have introduced an All-Inclusive offering, which is always incredibly popular but now more than ever it’s important for guests to know that everything is taken care of.”
Antonio Paradiso, MD MSC Cruises UK & Ireland.
MSC Virtuosa Key Features
- MSC Starship Club – This futuristic venue is much more than just a bar. It’s an immersive entertainment experience. Featuring Rob, the first-ever humanoid robotic bartender at sea, the MSC Starship Club will transport you to a different world.
- Galleria Virtuosa – The longest LED Dome at Sea. The indoor promenade features both Main and Speciality Restaurants along with numerous shops. With 1168m2 of retail space, MSC Virtuosa exceeds the already record-breaking retail space onboard MSC Grandiosa, to make it the largest shopping area at sea, with 11 state-of-the-art boutiques and over 250 brands.
- MSC Yacht Club – The best location of the cabins and a reserved area accessible only to YC Members; dedicated restaurants and lounges and a large private pool area with solarium and whirlpool baths. 24-hour butler service, dedicated massage rooms and full access to Thermal Suite in the MSC Aurea Spa.
- Spa & wellness – MSC Aurea Spa with its thermal area, professional massages, body treatments, facials and beauty services.
- Family & Children – MSC Cruises is known for its award-winning family offering and has a long-standing partnership with the LEGO Group to design the kids club areas as well as onboard activities.
If you choose one of MSC’s British Isles cruises you can take advantage of:
- Premium all-inclusive drinks and gratuities included for all cabin categories
- Up to 30% discount for Healthcare workers
- Reduced solo cruisers fee: 30% single supplement until 20th of June, and 50% after 20th of June
- Multiple embarkation ports from 12th June, such as Liverpool and Greenock, giving you more flexibility and making it easier to board an MSC cruise ship closer to where you live
The perfect getaway with no hassle.
Departing 20th or 24th May 2021
Premium all-inclusive drinks and gratuities included
Sail from Southampton – departs at 17:00
Interior Cabin from – £499pp
Balcony Cabin from – £699pp
Click here for more information on available sailings.
All sailings are available to UK residents only and guests of all ages are welcome on board. The line states that both vaccinated and unvaccinated will be allowed to board at present. Non-vaccinated guests will also be required to show proof of negative test done within 72 hours before embarkation. All guests will be tested on arrival at the cruise terminal before embarkation.
The ship will be operating with a reduced capacity to facilitate the implementation of MSC Cruises’ industry-leading health and safety protocol.